flomo to Notion
flomo Pro Only
Notion, as a database, can be a complement tool for flomo. You can take MEMOs in flomo while editing and organizing them into knowledge database in Notion. In this case, we develop this sync feature based on the API provided by Notion.
- 1.This is a PRO feature
- 2.Notion API is on beta, so as flomo to Notion
- 1.Push all the flomo MEMOs into a specific database in Notion.
- 2.All the MEMOs created and edited will be synced to Notion. The Memos deleted on Notion won’t influence those on flomo.
- 3.The MEMOs deleted on flomo won’t influence those already synced on Notion.
- 4.All the content, added date, tags, and attachment (wait Notion to support) will be synced to Notion. The first few words in the body of MEMOs will be extracted to be the title.
Because the Notion API is on beta, so there are a few shortcomings:
- 1.There might be delay while syncing because the API calling speed is restricted.
- 2.Uploading pictures is not supported yet.
These shortcomings will be improved when the Notion API is public.
- 1.If you use any plugin which changes the name of database, please disable it.
- 2.If you could not choose the specific database, please check the property and follow the steps below.
- 1.If you use any plugin, please disable it, or the syncing will fail.
- 2.Open Notion, and add a database to store the synced MEMOs from flomo. Please note that you should add a page first and then a new database in the page.
- 4.After logging into Notion, choose the target page and then click Allow access.
- 5.The web will jump back to flomo, then choose the target database in Step 3 and then click Start syncing. Now auto-syncing is on. Please note if you can’t find the target database, please check if you add a database in the right page.
- 6.Syncing for the first time may take some time. Some users say it costs them hours to do so. Be patient and don’t do extra actions. You may check the progress in the database according to the descending of Created at.
- 7.Don’t cancel the authorization of Notion Database or change the database properties, or the syncing will fail.
- 1.Set the filter in flomo database and choose the tags you want to publish.
- 2.Choose a suitable view and then enable the database lock.
- 3.Enable Share to web and then anyone with the link can view. The MEMOs you write down with the tags will be auto-synced here.
Group is a newly-added feature which allows you to group records according to specific properties.
- 1.Set the Group in your flomo database according to the screenshot below.
- 2.Choose a suitable view and then you can check the number of MEMOs recorded weekly/monthly/annually.